Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) can be both disruptive and undesirable. Also known as Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) when in radio frequency, EMI can obstruct the performance of an electrical circuit. When you’re looking at a large scale IT or telecommunications network system, you can imagine what could potentially happen – degradation of important data or even total data loss. This is precisely why EMI or RFI cabinets can be so beneficial to a business.
Delivering the protection you need
Server Racks & Cabinets has developed an EMI cabinet for effective RFI/EMI Shielding. It provides electromagnetic attenuation better than 80dB to signals between 10KHz and 1GHz.
Due to this product’s highly specialised nature, quotations and pricing for RFI/EMI Cabinets will be issued on application only (POA)
- Designed and Manufactured in Australia for Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) or Radio Frequency Interference (RFI). They provide electromagnetic anttenuation better than 80dB to signals between 10KHz and 1GHz.
- Standard Conformance to IEC 297 19" standard and IP55 and moisture specifications. This cabinet is tested using the test procedure of MIL-STD-285 to ensure the specified RF attenuation requirements are achieved. The shielding affectiveness is illustrated below. IP66 can be supplied at an extra cost.
- Supplied fully assembled with a continous welded construction and fabricated entirely from 2.0mm steel, resulting in both an aesthetically pleasing and extremely robust cabinet. All Single door RFI Cabinets are supplied standard with a 19" Adjustable mounting angles front and rear.
- Suitable: For RFI/EMI applications.
- RFI cabinets are protected from water and dust with shielding gaskets.
- A filter housing in the base of the cabinet accommodates the AC mains RF filters, with access through an internal removable cover. A safety cover protects the mains terminal on the RFI / EMI cabinet exterior.
- Venting is provided through fully gasketted honeycomb RF filters, while additional airflow can be achieved by the addition of a fan unit. However, the cabinet will no longer meet the IP55 dust and moisture standard.
- The EMI cabinet’s doors are hung on multiple hinges and secured in the closed position by a multipoint locking system, activated by a semi-flush fitting, “lift & swing” key-lockable handle. The entire hinge and locking system is located outside the gasketted cabinet front, meaning these lock rods do not encroach into the working area of the cabinet. Furthermore, as this complete hinge/lock system is symmetrical, rehanging a left hand door to right hand can be accomplished “on site” with the aid of just a screwdriver. The 6RU and 12RU EMI / RFI cabinets have a single point lock and provision to reverse-hang the door.
- Rack mounting angles finished in black powder coat. Four are supplied as standard. These are fully adjustable within the cabinet and conform to IEC60297 practice.