Eaton 5PX Rack/Tower Extended Battery Module (EBM)
The Eaton 5P is a Line interactive, density optimised (up to 1550VA in 1U) power protection for IT & Telecom environment. Wide power management capabilities offering point-to-point and network supervision.
The 5P is available in both tower & rackmount versions. The rackmount version are come in heights of 1RU and 2RU. Through an intuitive graphical display, featured on all 5P models, users are provided with detailed energy usage information and are able to customise UPS settings at the push of a button.
The 5P also provides up to 20 percent more power than a traditional UPS.
The new Eaton 5P tower and rackmount models range from 550 VA (420 W) to 3,000 VA (2,700 W). All models feature Eaton’s ABM® technology, which is designed to increase battery service life by 50 percent, and are backed by a three-year warranty, including batteries.
- The new graphical LCD display provides clear information on the UPS’s status and measurements on a single screen (in seven languages). Enhanced configuration capabilities are also available with easy-to-use navigation keys.
- For the first time in the industry the 5PX can meter energy consumption right down to the managed outlet groups. kWh values can be monitored using the LCD or Eaton’s Intelligent Power® Software Suite.
- Load segment control enables prioritised shutdowns of nonessential equipment to maximise battery runtime for critical devices. Load segment control can also be used to remotely reboot locked-up network equipment or to manage scheduled shutdowns and sequential start-ups.
- The 5PX offers Serial and USB connectivity, plus an extra slot for an optional communication card (including SNMP/ Web card or relay contact card). Eaton’s Intelligent Power® Software Suite compatible with all major OS including virtualization software such as VMware and Hyper-V is included with each UPS.
Performance and Efficiency
- With an optimised electrical design, the 5PX can provide up to 99% efficiency, reducing cooling and utility costs.
- With a power factor of 0.9, the 5PX delivers more real output power. It powers more servers than other UPSs with equivalent VA ratings and lower power factors. The 5PX is compatible with all modern IT equipment.
- When operating in battery mode the 5PX provides a high quality output signal for any sensitive equipment connected, such as active PFC (power factor corrected) servers.
Availability and Flexibility
- The 5PX is available in a rack/tower convertible version - pedestal and rail kits are included with all models at no extra charge.
- Stronger, longer battery life: Eaton ABM® battery management technology uses an innovative three-stage charging technique that only recharges the battery when necessary, so the battery experiences less corrosion and service life is prolonged by up to 50%.
- Batteries can be hot-swapped without ever having to shut down connected equipment. With an optional, hot-swap maintenance bypass module, you can even replace the entire UPS.
- There is also the possibility to add more runtime with up to four external hot-swappable battery modules, able to run systems for hours if necessary. The additional battery modules are automatically recognised by the UPS.
- Line interactive : Regulates power fluctuations (AVR with buck and boost), and delivers pure sinewave output
- Intuitive graphical LCD for localised diagnostics at a glance
- Individually controlled outlets to maximize backup time, provide remote reboot and sequential start-up
- Hot swappable batteries allowing easy replacement of the batteries without powering down connected loads